- Contact Information
What personal information do we collect?
The kinds of personal information we collect or which we may hold about you may include:
- your name
- your address
- your telephone number
- your e-mail address
- payment information
- transaction information
- information on how you use our products and services
- your “IP” address, server address, domain name and information on your browsing activity when visiting one of our websites
Why do we collect personal information?
- to enable you to access and use our website and social media pages
- to validate delivery addresses
- to process payments
- answer queries
Whom do we disclose your personal information to?
- Our delivery contractor drivers – enough information to allow them to deliver and if required contact you about your order.
What we collect and store
- Products you have viewed, so we can show you a history of products you have recently viewed and track trends on our Nursery.
- Location, IP address and browser type.
- Shipping address details, so we can estimate courier costs before you place an order and send you the order.
- Personal data collected when making a purchase is used solely for processing your order.
- Credit/Debit card details are processed via secure connection to “Stripe”, to allow completion of transaction and fraud analysis & prevention. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction.
When you use your credit or debit card for any purchase at our Nursery Website, that transaction is encrypted using “Transport Layer Security (TLS)” encryption to protect your card information when travelling over the Internet. Some still call it SSL (Secure Socket Layer), though that name was so 1999.
Further, our Payment Processing Gateway service “Stripe”, require card processing be secured based on compliance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
When you purchase from us
We ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address (optional), email address, phone number, credit or debit card payment details.
We use this information for purposes, such as:
- Send you information via email about your order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud via our Payment Gateway “Stripe”
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes & courier cost
- Improve our store offerings
When you submit a contact form on our website, the content, including any personal information, will be sent to our team via email to allow us to respond and support you. We do not use this information for marketing purposes nor do we pass/sell to third-parties. Only solely to respond to the contents of the form. We use Google’s reCAPTCHA to determine if you are a human and not a robot/spammer.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
A ‘cookie’ is a small file placed in your web browser that collects information about your web browsing behaviour. Use of ‘cookies’ allows a website to tailor its configuration to your needs and preferences, as well as potentially serve ads. (we here at Avowest do not serve ads) Although ‘cookies’ do not access any personal information (e.g. name, address, email address or telephone number) or information stored on your computer, they do allow collection of identifiable information.
Usage data collection
Usage data is collected automatically when you use our website. The information collected may include your IP address, date & time of request, the country of origin, the features of the browser and the OS (operating system) you used, various time details per visit (eg: the time spent on each page), details about the path followed within the site with the sequence of pages visited. Our other sites on Facebook, Instagram & YouTube will always have their own collection methods, which you can review on their website.
Last Updated: April 2020